A packed programme for all ages
Parents tell us that Live on the Wye is simply brilliant for kiddies – we work hard to offer a packed programme for all ages and at great value, too! This year sees the return of the popular ‘Imaginarium’ – our dedicated all-weather area for youngsters! We are also adding a quiet area – the Cwtch – for story time and chill out, and a few extra features in celebration of year 10! Come and escape with us for an afternoon of fun, energy and creativity…
Toddlers / pre-schoolers
For 2019 we are improving our offer for the 5 and unders! They can look forward to:
- Wigglebums Yoga with the fabulous Tracy Derrett who will lead two half hour slots across Saturday afternoon
- Storytelling in ‘The Cwtch’ with thanks to volunteers from Redbrook School – available between bands
- Redbrook Baby & Toddler Group with play and sensory equipment for the littlest festival goers, thanks to Alex Condrad
- Bouncy castle and inflatable slide
- 10 Year themed arts and crafts – organised by the very creative Asha
- African Drumming workshops with the hugely talented Djabot Drummers from the Forest of Dean
- Free play circus equipment – diabolos, hula hoops, skipping ropes, juggling, spinning plates
- Face Painting and glitter tattoos with Funky Monkey
- Fancy dress – feel free to dress for the occasion or pick an outfit from our rail!
- Football penalty shoot / cross-bar challenges
An Imaginarium wristband costs just £4 per child and allows unlimited access to all of the activities for the whole afternoon – including face painting and inflatables. We believe that this is not only incredibly good value, but perfect for pint-size people who often need their excitement in several small doses. You can come and go as you please, for as much or as little time as you like.
But parents, please be aware that the Imaginarium is not set up to be creche facility.
FOOD & DRINK
The vast majority of food and drink is locally sourced. We believe in supporting local suppliers and charging fair prices.
- Licensed bar including acclaimed range of real ale from Kingstone Brewery, Tintern
- Award-winning sausages, pork rolls and burgers from Hancock’s Butchers in Monmouth
- Gorgeous hand made pizzas to order
- Chilli con carne
- The ‘Green Donkey’ vegetarian and vegan offer
- Sweet and ice-cream stalls
- (For the Friday Fringe we will have a smaller food offering but no less delicious…chicken and vegetarian curry with thanks to locals Aide (of Wye Fire Chilli fame!) and Mark.